California Commercial Property Insurance

With the right coverage, you can keep your business running no matter what happens!

As the old saying goes, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Commercial property insurance which covers buildings, machinery and equipment, inventory and supplies — is one of the best ways to protect your business from serious financial losses.  

Besides, no landlord will sign a lease agreement with you without first getting from you a Certificate of Commercial insurance coverage naming him or his company as additional insured. 

One of the most common types of business insurance is commercial property coverage which provides a wide range of coverage for buildings, inventory, equipment, tools and more. Losses from fire, break-in, vandalism, wind and hail, or other natural or manmade damages are examples of what is typically covered. The most common losses are caused by fire damage and    broken water pipes which can substantially damage a building’s foundation as well as it might cause an electrical fire that spreads throughout the building. 

Commercial property is any building or some space within this building, which can be used by you to generate business income, providing the fact that you own or rent the whole building or some units within this property.  

What information do we need to know in order to provide you with the coverage for your   Commercial Building? 

  • The original year of construction 
  • How many stories in this building? 
  • Total square footage 
  • Any liability or property claims happened within the last 3 years 
  • Amount of Parking spaces outside of the building or in the garage 
  • Year when the roof, plumbing and heating systems where renovated
  • Your gross business income

How much Coverage do I need to Insure my Commercial Building?

Commercial property insurance can be rated based on either preferred or standard basis   depending on a year of construction and condition of this property.  We recommend replacement cost of the building coverage to be based on at least $250 to $350 dollars per square foot depending on the year of construction and all the updates that were made to it, including the roof, walls and foundation. 

Please, call us today, and we will help you to decide how much coverage do you need to protect the building or landlord’s’ liability   

Replacement Cost Vs Actual Cash Value 

What is the difference between replacement cost (RCV) and actual cash value ACV?

ACV- coast to replace the damaged property with materials of like kind and quality, without any depreciation.

RCV – the price that would cost to rebuild /replace property at the current market price.

Replacement Cost coverage – usually results in larger payout, but also more expensive premium.

What is covered by Commercial Property Insurance? 

• Your building 
• Your outdoor sign 
• Your furniture and equipment 
• Your inventory 
• Your fence and landscaping 

A properly structured Insurance policy will certainly provide financial protection in case of any claim caused by fire, theft and vandalism.   

Business Owner’s Policy (BOP)

The most common Commercial property coverage is called “BOP”:  Business Owner’s Policy, which combines four major components:

  • Commercial Building Coverage
  • General Liability Coverage   
  • Content coverage 
  • Business interruption coverage.  

What is the standard Deductible in Commercial Property Insurance?

Deductible amounts can vary between insurers. They can range from a five hundred dollar to five thousand dollars. You can choose the amount of deductible when you get your commercial property quote. Obviously, the higher deductible the lower premium you will pay for your commercial property policy.

What is the cost for Commercial Property Insurance Policy? 

Calculating your commercial property insurance cost will depend on few factors:

  • Location
  • How large is your business property? 
  • Year of construction of your building
  • What physical assets need to be insured 
  • Your company gross receipt
  • Coverage limits and deductibles amount

Please call us so we can provide you with a free consultation and address all your possible concerns. 

ABS Insurance & Financial Services is an independent insurance agency that has been providing high-quality service for around 40 years. We are ready to discuss with you all possible coverage within your Commercial Property Insurance that would suit your unique business needs. 

Contact us today at 1 (800) 448 – 9243 to obtain a free quote.


or call us 800-448-9243